Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Japanese Love Dishwasher Safe Chopsticks (For Adults and Kids) On Amazon

via a geisha eating a piece of tofu 

When I lived in Japan 6 years ago, I noticed some dishwasher safe chopsticks at many stores.



As a dishwasher is getting popular in Japan (finally!), demand of durable, beautiful looking chopsticks has been seen in stores. I know electric cost is much higher in Japan comparing to the US. But electric companies have offered reasonable plans to draw customers' attention if they choose to use electricity more than gas in a household.


Anyways, I love to use dishwasher safe chopsticks, because it will last almost lifelong. Also, it is pretty hygienic!



These are chopsticks my family use at home.
Left is made of wood (purchased it last year), Right is dishwasher safe plastic one (purchased it about 6 years ago).

 Left, wood ones look worn out, but right, dishwasher safe ones look pretty good as new after 6 years. (Right ones have non slip tips, so that's why it doesn't look shiny)
Lacquer chips off with time. My family use it daily, but it's already worn out after less than a year. I won't buy this type anymore because I don't want to imagine that food would seep into the chopsticks...gross.


Summaries
Tapered chopsticks are much easier to use than blunt end ones for holding and cutting food.
I love nonslip end for easy handling. Especially for noodles
Plastic chopsticks are durable and easy to clean
Black plastic chopsticks look like real wooden or bamboo ones. Doesn't look cheap at all.
The tips won't be worn out, so it it anti microbial.

This is what I recommend.
10 Zen set chopsticks commercial dishwasher SPS eco chopsticks non-slip (japan import) by dohichu
The label says"Dishwasher safe, Nonslip chopsticks, 10 pairs, Made in Japan, 
SPS resin, 250° C(482° F) heat resistant"

" Hexagonal shaped handles are easy to hold, and square shaped tips grab slippery foods pretty well.
---Easy to handle smooth Udon, Somen, and Ramen--- "


It has also pretty good reviews.
10 Pairs Plastic Dishwasher Safe BLACK Chopsticks




I haven't used Titanium Chopsticks, but the good thing is light weight and durable. It is more like Chinese and Korean chopsticks.
  Titanium Chopsticks Extra Strong Ultra Lightweight with Free Aluminium Case (Grey)



That is what my 8 yr old daughter uses everyday and she loves it. It might not for toddlers, but children. My 4 yr old daughter can't handle it yet.
  Children 's Chopsticks Training Helper Learning (Set of 2 Blue Pink)




Dishwasher safe!

It also fits to adult's chopsticks:)



It seems good and very cheap. Similar to above.
6 FUNCHOP Chopstick Helpers

 



My daughters tried this, but couldn't handle it...
  Sanrio Hello Kitty Learning / Traning Chopsticks : Red




It is good for starters and long seller brand for toddler use in Japan.
EJISONNNOOHASHII Edison Chopsticks I (for righthand) Yellow
 
 This chopsticks are great invention for small kids!

This is a Korean version of Edison chopsticks. It is cheaper and seems the same mechanism to the above. Also it has pretty good reviews!
  1 X Pororo Edison Training Chopsticks for Children




At last, I'm curious this chopsticks. If I start to learn how to use chopsticks, I'd like to try this first. It has good reviews, and looks easy to handle.
Compac Holdstix 4ct Easy To Use Chopsticks Dishwasher Safe Abs Plastic - Made In Usa, 4-Count

When I eat something Asian, I'd love to use chopsticks because it becomes tastier to me.
Hope you would find good one!
photo via LoveGIF

Today's photo
We ate out at new opened Ramen place close from our house last Saturday.
Karaage(Japanese fried chicken) and Fried Oyster were so tasty.

 Tonkotsu Ramen

 Of course, Sapporo! It's already empty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment